Upgrade of CC Mode at bitbucket.
Alan Mackenzie
2016-06-14 20:13:03 UTC
Hello, XEmacs.

I've just merged the two main branches (default and c++11-0-1) in the CC
Mode repository at SourceForge, and consequently done the same change for
XEmacs's CC Mode at bitbucket. The version number has been incremented
from 5.32.5 to 5.33 (although 5.33 hasn't yet been released at SourceForge.)

What is new is the handling of some C++11 features, including, for
example, "raw strings" and the proper handling of ">>" as a double
template delimiter.

I anticipate that, from now on, new C++11/14/17 features will be
committed to bitbucket incrementally, as has been done up till now for
bug fixes.
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).
Stephen J. Turnbull
2016-06-21 01:14:02 UTC
Alan Mackenzie
2016-06-21 14:26:36 UTC
Hello, Steve.
Post by Stephen J. Turnbull
Thank you!
BTW, apparently you're not subscribed to this list (that's your
business, of course!), and so your post got caught by moderation.
happen in the future.
I was subscribed to xemacs-beta some while ago, and I never unsubscribed
myself (sort of like the opposite of spam). At some stage in the
moderately distant past it dawned on me I hadn't seen anything from
xemacs-beta in quite some while, but I haven't yet got around to fixing
this.
Post by Stephen J. Turnbull
Although it's a bit tedious, if you wish to have control of your own
moderation bit but not receive mail from XEmacs lists, you can
subscribe and then log in to the web interface, and set your "no mail"
bit. This technique can be used to subscribe multiple addresses to a
list and receive mail only at some (or none) of them.
Actually, I'd rather be regularly subscribed. xemacs-beta is not an
offensive list in any sense. In fact, I'll see if I can manage this
now. <A few minutes later> Done. I'm now waiting for the confirmation
email.:-)
Post by Stephen J. Turnbull
In Mailman 2 you have to do this for every list. There's light at the
end of the tunnel, though: Mailman 3 has a concept of "user" with
multiple addresses, and a web interface that is smart enough to have
common settings for that user across lists or across addresses. It's
a long tunnel: I have to fix our hosting situation before upgrading to
Mailman 3.
I will keep a look-out for Mailman 3, in various places.

Thanks for the email!
Post by Stephen J. Turnbull
Steve
--